Monday, August 12, 2013

Photography Exhibit at Library

Lincoln County Public Library     
Contact & author:  Donna Kenney     


“Rushing Images” at the Library
Judy and Lane Rushing are not only husband and wife – they are a talented photography team who love to travel (Alaska, Smokey Mountains, etc.) and capture their trips on film.  
“Photography has unleashed some of my God-given creative talents in a fun and exciting way.  I have a B.F.A. in interior design from Mississippi University of Women and have always enjoyed decorating and creative art projects,” said Judy.  “Over the past few years photography has become my main avenue for expressing my artistic talents.”
“As a radiologist, images are an essential part of my daily life,” said Lane. “I have found it natural for photography to become a creative outlet. The technical side of photography has always interested me, but I am constantly improving my creativity through Judy’s artistic eye.”
Birds, insects, and wildlife are the focus of this photography exhibit.  Judy custom framed each image from recycled Mississippi wood.  One photograph uses an old window as the frame.
“We would like to thank God for giving us this talent and being able to enjoy photography together.  Having a common interest has been great!” stated Mrs. Rushing.  Lane and I have been married for 29 years and blessed with three wonderful daughters -- Alison, Lindsey & Taylor. We grew up in Brookhaven, but currently live in Ridgeland, MS”
Local family include Judy’s sister Melanie Green and family, her parents Maurice & Cindy Smith, Lane’s mother Carolyn Smith Rushing and his late father, Elmo Rushing.
The public is invited to a reception scheduled for Thursday, August 22 from 4-6 p.m.   The exhibit is scheduled to run through August 30.
More photographic images may be found at www.rushingimages.com.  



1 comment: